With fewer funds available for public works construction, municipalities must spend tax payer dollars wisely. Also, budget constraints in the private sector require prudent and innovative maintenance programs.
One solution is Single Pass Cold In-Place Asphalt Recycling utilizing the Wirtgen 2100 OCR cold recycling machine.
The Wirtgen 2100 OCR features a variable width vibrating screed, a milling drum equipped with automatic grade control and a liquid emulsion additive metering system. This system has an electric control unit with a programmable microprocessor that compensates for the forward speed of the machine, the milling depth and material density.
These components work together to produce a recycled pavement with the specified gradation and liquid content in a single pass, completing the rehabilitation of the roadway faster.
The 2100 also utilizes all-track steering, allowing it to easily navigate parking lots, cui-de-sacs and other areas where maximum maneuverability is required.
This operation creates a bituminous base at a specified depth without closing the road. This allows the motoring public complete access to the road, including city and safety services.
Benefits of the Wirtgen 2100 OCRand Single Pass Recycling
Download the CIP Brochure
- 100 percent recovery of the old roadway material investment.
- A project cost savings of between 25 and 40 percent, when compared to traditional road surface rehabilitation.
- Conversion of the old roadway into a base material with a much higher structural value, offering added protection of your new investment.
- Elimination of cracking pattern in the old pavement surface.
- Immediate use of recycled roadway with less inconvenience for motorists and shorter disruption of traffic patterns.